Re:New poll for hammockcamping

  • Jack Rowe
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 2, 2007
      I'm assuming that weights are equal since not mentioned? I thought of those few times I've hiked too long and had to set up in dark...

    • hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 21 , Jun 4, 2008
        hammockcamping group:

        I am really thinking about setting up a hang/campout at Fort Massac state park In southern,IL
        and I am thinking about doing it very soon maybe we can get some folks from mo,ky,tn,il to
        come to it kind of a quad state thing.
        I have posted this on the other forums as well so it will be open to all that want to come and really
        from any state those were just local states.
        There is plenty of things to do for the whole family,
        The fort, the super man musem,the hollywood musem the quilters musem in paducah ky.
        and the like.
        I will be having several smokers there plus a couple of turkey deep fryer's there as well.
        I will also bringing a couple of guitars as well. so my question is if I put this togeather.
        If anyone want to come what dates would work for you.
        I am trying to do this before I have to go back to work doing construction work.
        right now from both the other forums the Sept date is in the lead.
        hope some of you can make it and for those who are new to hammock camping
        this might be the time for you all to see some different
        setup's.
        would like to get some vendors there as well if we could
        who know's this might be the new midwest hangout.

        Cavediver_2

        o Aug 8-10th
        o Aug 22-24th
        o Sept 12-14th

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
        Message 3 of 21 , Jun 5, 2008
          To far for me, but I hope it's well attended.
          It's good to see hammockers getting together in other parts besides the south east!

[...]

          <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:hammockcamping-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:hammockcamping-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • rosalind suit
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 6, 2008
            Hey hammock-hanger/Cavediver2

            Be sure to check your state park regs about tieing anything to trees....in Florida, State Parks DO NOT allow anything fastened to trees.....posts are put up for clothes lines. Park resident managers check...and give wittten notes/warnings to any violators.( I live in Maryland, but have camped several places in Florida....and had to tent.)

            And have you surveyed the proposed park sites to see if there are enough sites with enough trees to accomodate the group you may have? I've been in some parks where the camping sites are nice....but the trees just weren't planted quite right to hang a hammock!! Reasonable spacing is handy.

            Just a word in your ear... ;-))

            I'm sure the hammockers in the quad-quint state area you're interested in would appreciate your being sure of such things. Hammock Hangs are good times....enjoy!! Good Luck.

            Rosie/mdhiker