New poll for hammockcamping

  • hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 21 , Mar 1, 2007
      hammockcamping group:

      DO YOU PREFER A SETUP THAT HAS SEVERAL ROPES TO TIE AND TAKES
      LONGER TO SET UP BUT PACKS SMALLER
      OR
      A MORE PRE-ASSEMBLED SET UP THAT PACKS A LIITLE LARGER BUT
      SETS UP QUICKER AND EASIER

      o LONGER SETUP / PACKS SMALLER
      o QUICKER SETUP / PACKS LITTLE BIGGER
      o DEPENDS ON WHERE IM GOING CAMPING
      o OTHER

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • sebastiantoney
      Message 2 of 21 , Mar 2, 2007
        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com

        > hammockcamping group:
        >
        > DO YOU PREFER A SETUP THAT HAS SEVERAL ROPES TO TIE AND TAKES
        > LONGER TO SET UP BUT PACKS SMALLER
        > OR
        > A MORE PRE-ASSEMBLED SET UP THAT PACKS A LIITLE LARGER BUT
        > SETS UP QUICKER AND EASIER
        >
        > o LONGER SETUP / PACKS SMALLER
        > o QUICKER SETUP / PACKS LITTLE BIGGER
        > o DEPENDS ON WHERE IM GOING CAMPING
        > o OTHER

        > web site listed above.
        >
        > Thanks!

        I prefer longer setup because it give me greater adjustability. I'm
        using Syderline/webbing setup connected with rings. It pack the same,
        but I can store the supports separately from the hammock. But the
        adjustability is the main thing. My setup is similar to
        this:http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGearRingBuckleSupports.html
      • Jack Rowe
        Message 3 of 21 , Mar 2, 2007
          I'm assuming that weights are equal since not mentioned? I thought of those few times I've hiked too long and had to set up in dark...

        • hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 21 , Jun 4, 2008
            hammockcamping group:

            I am really thinking about setting up a hang/campout at Fort Massac state park In southern,IL
            and I am thinking about doing it very soon maybe we can get some folks from mo,ky,tn,il to
            come to it kind of a quad state thing.
            I have posted this on the other forums as well so it will be open to all that want to come and really
            from any state those were just local states.
            There is plenty of things to do for the whole family,
            The fort, the super man musem,the hollywood musem the quilters musem in paducah ky.
            and the like.
            I will be having several smokers there plus a couple of turkey deep fryer's there as well.
            I will also bringing a couple of guitars as well. so my question is if I put this togeather.
            If anyone want to come what dates would work for you.
            I am trying to do this before I have to go back to work doing construction work.
            right now from both the other forums the Sept date is in the lead.
            hope some of you can make it and for those who are new to hammock camping
            this might be the time for you all to see some different
            setup's.
            would like to get some vendors there as well if we could
            who know's this might be the new midwest hangout.

            Cavediver_2

            o Aug 8-10th
            o Aug 22-24th
            o Sept 12-14th

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
            Message 5 of 21 , Jun 5, 2008
              To far for me, but I hope it's well attended.
              It's good to see hammockers getting together in other parts besides the south east!

[...]

              <*> Your email settings:
              Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
              (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
              mailto:hammockcamping-digest@yahoogroups.com
              mailto:hammockcamping-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • rosalind suit
              Message 6 of 21 , Jun 6, 2008
                Hey hammock-hanger/Cavediver2

                Be sure to check your state park regs about tieing anything to trees....in Florida, State Parks DO NOT allow anything fastened to trees.....posts are put up for clothes lines. Park resident managers check...and give wittten notes/warnings to any violators.( I live in Maryland, but have camped several places in Florida....and had to tent.)

                And have you surveyed the proposed park sites to see if there are enough sites with enough trees to accomodate the group you may have? I've been in some parks where the camping sites are nice....but the trees just weren't planted quite right to hang a hammock!! Reasonable spacing is handy.

                Just a word in your ear... ;-))

                I'm sure the hammockers in the quad-quint state area you're interested in would appreciate your being sure of such things. Hammock Hangs are good times....enjoy!! Good Luck.

                Rosie/mdhiker