SPECTRA ROPE

  • CHRIS NIMON
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2007
      SAW A SHOW ON THE HISTORY CHANNEL TITLED THE WORLDS STRONGEST. HAD A
      SECTION ABOUT SPECTRA ROPE. THE COMPANY THEY PROFILED WAS PUGET SOUND
      ROPE. THEY BUY THEIR RAW PRODUCT FROM HONEYWELL THEN MAKE "SPECTRA"
      AND "PLASMA" ROPE. THE PLASMA ROPE IS CURRENTLY THE STRONGEST ROPE IN
      THE WORLD AND IS CLAIMED TO HAVE HALF THE STRETCH OF NYLON ROPES. I
      CHECKED THE PUGET SOUND WEB SITE AND YOU CAN GET BOTH VERSIONS FROM
      THEM. THEY CARRY SIZES FROM 1MM TO 6 INCHES (400,000 POUND BREAKING
      STRENGTH) I DONT KNOW IF THEY ONLY SELL IN BULK OR NOT BUT THEY DO SELL
      IT. I REMEMBERED PEOPLE ASKING ABOUT WHERE TO FIND IT AND THOUGHT ID
      PUT THIS INFO OUT THERE. VERY INFORMATIVE SITE ABOUT THE ROPE.