Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Hammock Camping Digest Number 154/rhus tox

Expand Messages
  • rosaleen43@aol.com
    Kim- I am incredibly sensitive to poison ivy. Even with a course of Prednisone, it can take 6 weeks for the reaction to clear. I tried the rhus tox in
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2003
    • 0 Attachment
      Kim-

      I am incredibly sensitive to poison ivy. Even with a course of Prednisone, it can take 6 weeks for the reaction to clear. I tried the rhus tox in desperation after contracting PI doing yard work. This was after realizing the leaf I just brushed past was PI, and immediately washing the area TWICE with the Technu wash. It helped! So, I carried it on my section hike. Every time I brushed a leaf that MAY have been poison ivy, I squirted some hane sanitizer on a tissue, wiped the area with that, and popped a couple of the rhus tox pearls. Some areas were just rampant with PI, and no matter how careful I tried, I felt I might touch some. That trip, no PI. I credit the rhus tox for "saving me."

      So, the answer might be, yes, take the rhus tox prophyllacticly, as well as for rellief from symptoms.

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen



      Subject: Re: Re: Re: Digest Number 145
      >
      > <<The trail section that I hiked was full of poison ivy. I popped a lot of a homeopathic "Rhus Toxecondren.">>
      >
      > Rosaleen - did you use this before, during, after or all of the above? I've used Rhus Tox before afterwards and it really helped but I wondered if using it before would help you not
      > get it.
    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.