Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Flash-light's

    Message 1 of 26 , Feb 23 4:23 PM
      i don't know if this has been mentioned on this thread about reading in the cold, but a hammock sock that's just big enough to put over the ridge line or clip to the ridge line, will give you a wind free enclosed area that would probably be 10-15° warmer than outside.
      and did i mention wind free? ...tim

    • ian toal
      Message 2 of 26 , Feb 23 4:51 PM
        I have another link for you for solar powered chargers. The sight is really good and has a lot of solar powered options for home, travel and camping. Check it out...Solar Cell Phone Charger :: Silicon Solar Inc

        This link leads to cell phone chargers but you can find battery chargers here too.

        Enjoy,

        Ian

        Randal Swink <rswink@...> wrote: I really want a way to solar/mechanical charge a MP3 player, cell phone, or
        NiMH batteries for the GPS. Anybody know of anything like that?

        On 2/23/07, jonas4321 <jonas4321@...> wrote:

        > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Oborn" <Ralph.oborn@...>
        > wrote:
        > >
        > > I tried a palm top computer with a guttenberg book loaded..... hard to
        > > push tiny buttons with gloves on :]
        > >
        > I am hooked on audiobooks, either from the library or from my
        > Audible.com account. From the library, I rip the CD's to MP3, from
        > Audible, they are ready for an MP3 player. I use a 1G Creative Labs
        > flash-based MP3 player and earbuds. Weighs less than a book even with
        > multiple spare batteries.
        >
        > Taking a glove off to hit the button once or twice is not a hassle.
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups - Join or create groups, clubs, forums & communities.
        > Links

      • Deb
        Message 3 of 26 , Feb 23 8:55 PM
          Another website is for solar chargers is solio.com

          Message 4 of 26 , Feb 24 5:02 AM
            Hey, thanks for all the great ides on reading lights. I like the idea of
            MP3s and audio books best (small and light!) but I'll probably be fashioning
            contraptions out of coat hangers and clips, too. If there are any
            successful prototypes I'll let you know.
            David

            Don�t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from Microsoft�
          • michael thomas
            Message 5 of 26 , Feb 24 12:35 PM
              if you are fully commited to this idea..try looking at trucker gear i have
              seen book holders for paper backs and larger books being sold at major truck
              stops..these have several atachment points for hooking to visors and
              such..safe journeys

              >From: "David Elliott" <delliott78@...>
              >To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: Flash-light's
              >Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 08:02:05 -0500
              >
              >Hey, thanks for all the great ides on reading lights. I like the idea of
              >MP3s and audio books best (small and light!) but I'll probably be
              >fashioning
              >contraptions out of coat hangers and clips, too. If there are any
              >successful prototypes I'll let you know.
              >David

              >Don�t miss your chance to WIN 10 hours of private jet travel from
              >Microsoft�
              >Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/mcrssaub0540002499mrt/direct/01/
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

              Find a local pizza place, movie theater, and more�.then map the best route!