Re: changing rooms

  • Rosalind Suit
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 18, 2007
      Risk...

      Didn't Liteshoe have something like that...a large garbage draw-string bag with the bottom cut open? Re-inventing? Her rain skirt is a lot cheaper than $25.

      Rosie
      mdhiker

    • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 19, 2007
        >Didn't Liteshoe have something like that...a large garbage draw-
        >string bag with the bottom cut open? Re-inventing? Her rain >skirt
        is a lot cheaper than $25.

        I've been using this method for about two years now. It works very
        well for me and as you said, is very inexpensive to replace.

        Brian
        T-BACK
      • Keith YOung
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 19, 2007
          I seem to remember that IMRISK, as part of his website, wrote about wearing a loincloth. I've done this, in years past:

          1. You're in the breechclout/loincloth, with the belt around your waist.
          2. Pull on your shorts or jeans, but don't zip up all the way.
          3. Gently pull on the front of the loincloth, until it pulls from back to front, and slide it off between your legs and out of the front.
          4. Zip up and button.
          5. Use the loincloth tie as the belt.
          6. Tie the loincloth around your neck as a neck scarf until it dries.

          Girls, I hope you used a couple of scarves to make a quick halter-tie for yourselves. Put on your blouse or shirt, and pull off the top in the usual way (see Jennifer Beal, in the old movie, Flash Dance).

          There. You're dressed, with damn all nothing exposed.

          With a kilt or longi, just pull up your jeans and you're done. Guys tie it around the waist, and girls tie it just over their breasts.

          This should end this silly thread.

          opnheartscrub@... wrote:
          >Didn't Liteshoe have something like that...a large garbage draw-
          >string bag with the bottom cut open? Re-inventing? Her rain >skirt
          is a lot cheaper than $25.

          I've been using this method for about two years now. It works very
          well for me and as you said, is very inexpensive to replace.

          Brian
          T-BACK

          arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body – but rather
          to skid in sideways, barely in time, a chunk of chocolate in one hand, a nearly-empty bottle of 15-year old single-malt scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up but still erect and dribbling, dirty, totally worn out and screaming – WOOHOO, what a ride!"

          Keith Young, Ph.D. (retired)
          Philadelphia, PA
          Riding a 2004 Suzuki Burgman 650
          named The DEMON DUCK of DOOM
          Swinging a TreckLight hammock, and
          being a DINK-on-FIRE.

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 20, 2007

            .

            > I've been using this method for about two years now. It works very
            > well for me and as you said, is very inexpensive to replace.
            >
            > Brian
            > T-BACK

            I thought I was responding to a rainwear statement. FWIW, I either
            change clothes in my hammock or in the bushes.

            Brian
            T-BACK
          • Keith YOung
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 20, 2007
              Didn't mean to be offensive. Just trying in my clumsy way to end this (to me, at least) silly thread.

              Americans (I'm one, but have been told that my attitudes are more European) so often tend to be officious and self-rightous, particularly about things having to do with the body, and when confronted about unthinking attitudes, retreat into vague statements about breaking laws, sheriffs/police, public disapproval, "the kids will see," etc.

              Please accept my apology. This will be my last post on this thread. Promise, cross my heart and hope to marshmellow (hope to die scares the kids).

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 21, 2007
                From: Keith YOung <tory1942@...>
                Date: Tuesday, February 20, 2007 11:27 pm
                Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: changing rooms
                To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com

                > Didn't mean to be offensive. Just trying in my clumsy way to end
                > this (to me, at least) silly thread.

                No apology is needed. I guess I should have checked back a few more
                posts before replying. I don't see what all the fuss is about
                either. Maybe instead of "Hike Your Own Hike", it should be "Change
                Your Own Clothes" :^).

                Brian
                T-BACK