Re: [SPAM] Re: [Hammock Camping] Static Electricity in a hammock(makes my hair stand on end)

  • C C Wayah
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17, 2007
      Ben,
      Remember silk has it's abilty to have an electrical
      static charge when canditions are too dry. I've wrom silk jogging suits in
      winter and can contest to it cliining far too much to my body. I use silk
      pajamas and or a silk nylon insulated light weight linned jacket for my
      sleeping bag liner as it easy to use the priveys in theis get up with built
      in warnth.

      As far as your nned for a tent in cold temps. Many just drop their hammock
      on a ground cloth and rig their hammock tarp as a tarp tent. .
      I can assume Atustralia also has Michigan's state bird
      the "Skeeter" so you will definetly have to have noseums netting on your
      hammock.

      The thought of cuddling in a double hamock is wonderful to me but I am a
      practical person too and know it also leads to bruised hips and the such
      from gravity's pull while sleeping.

      Too funny tademcycle trip.. My husband is condering making one form used
      bikes for us. I sure hope we can make it past our first aniversary.

      CCWayah