Re: guy lines for a tarp

    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "chcoa" <jdeben@...> wrote:

      > Hi gang,
      >
      > I'm planning to replace the stock lines on my tarp and I was thinking
      > about using that Kelty Triptease Lightline. It says it's intended
      for
      > guying out a tent so I'm wondering if anyone uses this or has used
      > this with their tarp and what have your results been?
      >
      > I certainly don't want my tarps lines breaking in a strong wind and I
      > also don't want something really difficult to untie.
      >
      > Thoughts and opinions are appreciated.
      >
      > Jamie in AZ

      I've used several types of guyline over the years. Triptease and the
      pulse line that Rick mentioned are both spectra core lines and work
      well as do other types of cord. The triptease reflects light from a
      flashlight from a distance when you are trying to locate your campsite
      but doesn't seem to do much when you are close to it. I like no
      stretch guyline like those two, rather than nylon line that stretches a
      good bit more and contributes significantly to tarp sag. The triptease
      and pulse line also don't tangle too badly and work well with taut line
      knots, clove hitches, etc that are often used with tarp lines.

      Dave