Homemade Under/Over quilts

  • sebastiantoney
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 15, 2007
      Okay, my church is having a men's retreat in March. And I need a cold
      weather system. But I want to make it myself. Any tips on making my
      out quilt system?

      I'm thinking of using synthetic insulation. Do you need No seeum
      netting like with down? Why does down use No seeum anyway?
    • sebastiantoney
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 15, 2007
        I've been reading Mirage's instructions. What temps can you get down
        to with .8" Primaloft? What about 1.2" Primaloft. Down here in Alabama
        is rarely gets below 25 deg F.

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "sebastiantoney" <funbun2@...>
        wrote:

        > Okay, my church is having a men's retreat in March. And I need a cold
        > weather system. But I want to make it myself. Any tips on making my
        > out quilt system?
        >
        > I'm thinking of using synthetic insulation. Do you need No seeum
        > netting like with down? Why does down use No seeum anyway?

      • jbkjr1963
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 15, 2007
          wrote:

          > Okay, my church is having a men's retreat in March. And I need a cold
          > weather system. But I want to make it myself. Any tips on making my
          > out quilt system?
          >
          > I'm thinking of using synthetic insulation. Do you need No seeum
          > netting like with down? Why does down use No seeum anyway?

          There are great plans for this on the "kick a_ _ quilts" web site.
          There is also contact information regarding material vendors.

          No-see-um is used to keep the down in place. Not a concern with most
          synthetics.

          Jim
        • michael thomas
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 15, 2007
            hey just a quick question what part of alabama are you in...i am in the
            dothan area?

            >From: "sebastiantoney" <funbun2@...>
            >To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Hammock Camping] Re: Homemade Under/Over quilts
            >Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 17:25:31 -0000
            >
            >I've been reading Mirage's instructions. What temps can you get down
            >to with .8" Primaloft? What about 1.2" Primaloft. Down here in Alabama
            >is rarely gets below 25 deg F.
            >
            >--- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "sebastiantoney" <funbun2@...>
            >wrote:
            > >
            > > Okay, my church is having a men's retreat in March. And I need a cold
            > > weather system. But I want to make it myself. Any tips on making my
            > > out quilt system?
            > >
            > > I'm thinking of using synthetic insulation. Do you need No seeum
            > > netting like with down? Why does down use No seeum anyway?

            From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
            Academy Awards�
            http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1
          • sebastiantoney
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 16, 2007
              Tuscaloosa. Role Freakin Tide.

              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "michael thomas"

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 16, 2007
                wrote:

                > Tuscaloosa. Role Freakin Tide.

                Role? Maybe that is been bama's problem the last five years. <grin>
              • michael thomas
                Message 7 of 7 , Feb 16, 2007
                  well war freakin eagle!!!....good to know i am not alone done here!!! safe
                  journey..and good luck with the new head coach!!