Snoring

  • sebastiantoney
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2007
      I've been having a problem with snoring in my hammock. I'm not a
      snorer, but whenever I try to sleep in my hammock I snore so much that
      I keep waking myself up. To date I have not had good night's sleep in
      my hammock.
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 14, 2007
        sebastiantoney wrote:
        > I've been having a problem with snoring in my hammock. I'm not a
        > snorer, but whenever I try to sleep in my hammock I snore so much that
        > I keep waking myself up. To date I have not had good night's sleep in
        > my hammock.

        I find that I snore unless my head is turned to the side. Even if my
        back is not turned much, my head needs to be.

        --
        Walk Well!

        Rick (Risk)

        *********************************
        http://www.imrisk.com
        author of
        A Wildly Successful 200 Mile Hike
        www.wayahpress.com
        *********************************
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 14, 2007
          that's un-usual. i have had the oppisite effect. i sleep better & snore less (according to fellow campers)<g>. ...tim

          sebastiantoney <funbun2@...> wrote: I've been having a problem with snoring in my hammock. I'm not a
          snorer, but whenever I try to sleep in my hammock I snore so much that
          I keep waking myself up. To date I have not had good night's sleep in
          my hammock.

        • michael thomas
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 14, 2007
            try placing a rolled up towel or other such thing under you neck ..sounds
            like you are laying too flat and your tongue is slidding back causing the
            bad snoreing.. safe journeys

            >From: Rick <ra1@...>
            >To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Hammock Camping] Snoring
            >Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 09:46:49 -0600
            >
            >sebastiantoney wrote:
            > > I've been having a problem with snoring in my hammock. I'm not a
            > > snorer, but whenever I try to sleep in my hammock I snore so much that
            > > I keep waking myself up. To date I have not had good night's sleep in
            > > my hammock.
            > >

            >I find that I snore unless my head is turned to the side. Even if my
            >back is not turned much, my head needs to be.
            >
            >--
            >Walk Well!
            >
            >Rick (Risk)
            >
            >*********************************
            > http://www.imrisk.com
            > author of
            >A Wildly Successful 200 Mile Hike
            > www.wayahpress.com
            >*********************************

            FREE online classifieds from Windows Live Expo � buy and sell with people
            you know
            http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwex0010000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://expo.live.com?s_cid=Hotmail_tagline_12/06
          • jbkjr1963
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 15, 2007
              --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "sebastiantoney" <funbun2@...>
              wrote:

              > I've been having a problem with snoring in my hammock. I'm not a
              > snorer, but whenever I try to sleep in my hammock I snore so much that
              > I keep waking myself up. To date I have not had good night's sleep in
              > my hammock.

              I don't have any problems with snoring. I snore in my bed, i snored on
              the ground, and I snore in my hammock; No Problem (sorry, coundn't help
              myself!)
            • Rosaleen Sullivan
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 15, 2007
                This is just about what I was thinking. Your head may be dropping forward as your neck flattens out. I used one of those U-shaped flocked inflatable travel pillows until reading Kevin (StoveStomper) Smith's idea. He found some of those 3 section inflatable float-thingies for small children's arms, and cut off the inner section that doesn't inflate. The remaining 2 chambers support my neck perfectly in a hammock and they are incredibly light.

                Rosaleen

                Re: Snoring
                Posted by: "michael thomas" blackoracle69@...<mailto:blackoracle69@...> scalphunter36330
                Date: Wed Feb 14, 2007 6:32 pm ((PST))