Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: rope

  • Thomas Vickers
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2007
      I am considering emailing HH to see if they would sell cord to me.

      I came into possession of a Lawson Hammock and I am feeling that
      replacing all the rope on it with the spectra cord will reduce weight,
      but plus allow me to attach some lines that I can use with tree
      huggers.

      TV
    • straightwire2004
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 5, 2007

        http://www.hennessyhammock.com/comparisonchart.htm
        > the only spectra core I see is for 1450 lb test. The West Marine
        store
        > near me use to carry spools of Yale Pulse Line that had a spectra
        core
        > but looking at their web site I don't see but a couple of the
        diameters
        > listed. This other web site still has it and it is listed as 1400
        lb
        > test for the 5/32 inch diameter and 1800 lb test for the 3/16 inch
        > http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d3000/e867.asp . I don't know the
        > particular rope that Hennessy uses but these should be close.

        thanks Dave, I HAVE UL A SIM.I GOT A LAGER THAN NEEDED ROPE BEFOR.
      • Carey Parks
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 5, 2007
          Call them. The phone number is on their web site. That worked best for me.

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 6, 2007
            For those of you who can wait until May, you might consider ordering ropes from Tom Hennessy or web strapping, etc., from Ed Speer with a request to pick up these items at Trail Days. Let them know ahead of time so that they have enough extra stock on hand...

            Rosaleen

            Re: rope
            Posted by: "Carey Parks" cjp129@...<mailto:cjp129@...> parkscarey
            Date: Mon Feb 5, 2007 12:14 pm ((PST))

            If you just need some to hang your hammock, try calling Tom Hennessy. I
            asked him a while ago if I could purchase some for a friend's hammock and he
            agreed. I never made the purchase however, since the friend solved the
            problem another way. IIRC, Tom's price was quite fair compared to the marine
            stores.