Re: rope

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 5, 2007
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "straightwire2004"
      <jfleming@...> wrote:

      > Anyone have a source for the spectrum rope used in a Hennessy hammock?
      > What size and strength?

      Hennessy uses several different rope types and strengths. When I look
      at his spec sheet http://www.hennessyhammock.com/comparisonchart.htm
      the only spectra core I see is for 1450 lb test. The West Marine store
      near me use to carry spools of Yale Pulse Line that had a spectra core
      but looking at their web site I don't see but a couple of the diameters
      listed. This other web site still has it and it is listed as 1400 lb
      test for the 5/32 inch diameter and 1800 lb test for the 3/16 inch
      http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d3000/e867.asp . I don't know the
      particular rope that Hennessy uses but these should be close.
    • Thomas Vickers
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 5, 2007
        I am considering emailing HH to see if they would sell cord to me.

        I came into possession of a Lawson Hammock and I am feeling that
        replacing all the rope on it with the spectra cord will reduce weight,
        but plus allow me to attach some lines that I can use with tree
        huggers.

        TV
      • Carey Parks
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 5, 2007
          If you just need some to hang your hammock, try calling Tom Hennessy. I
          asked him a while ago if I could purchase some for a friend's hammock and he
          agreed. I never made the purchase however, since the friend solved the
          problem another way. IIRC, Tom's price was quite fair compared to the marine
          stores.

          > Anyone have a source for the spectrum rope used in a Hennessy hammock?
          > What size and strength?

          Hennessy uses several different rope types and strengths. When I look
          at his spec sheet http://www.hennessyhammock.com/comparisonchart.htm
          the only spectra core I see is for 1450 lb test. The West Marine store
          near me use to carry spools of Yale Pulse Line that had a spectra core
          but looking at their web site I don't see but a couple of the diameters
          listed. This other web site still has it and it is listed as 1400 lb
          test for the 5/32 inch diameter and 1800 lb test for the 3/16 inch
          http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d3000/e867.asp . I don't know the
          particular rope that Hennessy uses but these should be close.

        • straightwire2004
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 5, 2007

            > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "straightwire2004"
            > <jfleming@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Anyone have a source for the spectrum rope used in a Hennessy
            hammock?

            > Hennessy usWhat size and strength?es several different rope types
            and strengths. When I look
            > at his spec sheet
            http://www.hennessyhammock.com/comparisonchart.htm
            > the only spectra core I see is for 1450 lb test. The West Marine
            store
            > near me use to carry spools of Yale Pulse Line that had a spectra
            core
            > but looking at their web site I don't see but a couple of the
            diameters
            > listed. This other web site still has it and it is listed as 1400
            lb
            > test for the 5/32 inch diameter and 1800 lb test for the 3/16 inch
            > http://www.apsltd.com/Tree/d3000/e867.asp . I don't know the
            > particular rope that Hennessy uses but these should be close.

            thanks Dave, I HAVE UL A SIM.I GOT A LAGER THAN NEEDED ROPE BEFOR.
          • Carey Parks
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 5, 2007
              Call them. The phone number is on their web site. That worked best for me.

              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 6, 2007
                For those of you who can wait until May, you might consider ordering ropes from Tom Hennessy or web strapping, etc., from Ed Speer with a request to pick up these items at Trail Days. Let them know ahead of time so that they have enough extra stock on hand...

                Rosaleen

                Re: rope
                Posted by: "Carey Parks" cjp129@...<mailto:cjp129@...> parkscarey