Re: [Hammock Camping] I only need one more thing!

  • newshutz
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 3, 2007
      Thanks,

      Just the scarf alone worked ok. I only had some frost to brush off,
      which was a great improvement over the patch of ice. It was below 0F
      with a brisk wind, and was still toasty.

      I will look into the balaclava, and may continue to work on a snorkel
      hood as a sleep hat, but there is much less urgency.

      Next trip for me is next weekend (camping with the scouts for their
      Klondike derby), so I dont have to carry things far.

      --Newz

      > Newz,
      >
      > Congrats. You did well. One item which works pretty well to decrease
      > condensation is a counter current moisture and warmth system for the
      > breath.
      >
      > This can be as simple as several layers of a loose scarf which you
      > breath through, or (my favorite) the Psolar Balaclava
      >
      > http://snipurl.com/18g2p
      >
      > What happens in the breathing cycle is that the element of the
      Psolar or