Re: Hammock Camping a call for help

  • colonelcorn76
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 6, 2003
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@a... wrote:
      > colonelcorn76@y... wrote:
      >
      >They will also need appropriate tarp cordage (that Spectra would be
      a wonderful donation, if you are so inclined), 3/4" or 1" velcro,
      webbing for straps, bug netting (3 yard lengths or longer would be
      most desirable) and decent thread. After we get offers starting to
      trickle in, I'll post what we seem to be lacking in. For now, any
      supplies will be welcome.

      OK, the Spectra's yours. I recall Ed's design requires a fair amount
      of rope. I don't have his book with me so I don't know the spec --
      anyone got it handy? I should be able to take care of a few hundred
      feet of rope.

      Jim
    • karens62@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 6, 2003
        <<OK, the Spectra's yours. I recall Ed's design requires a fair amount of rope. I don't have his book with me so I don't know the spec -- anyone got it handy? I should be able to take care of a few hundred feet of rope.>>

        Rope? There isn't any rope needed unless you are talking line for tarps? In which case you will need about 60 feet per tarp.

        Karen
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 8, 2003
          Message
          Good idea Jim,  I'll make up such a list, including items already donated--give me a few days...Ed
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 8, 2003
            Message
            Thanks Karen, this is already going well...Ed

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 9, 2003
              In a message dated 6/8/2003 5:50:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time, info@... writes:

              they can send items to Speer Hammocks and I will see that they get to Rob.

              Somehow I knew he'd volunteer!  I, for one, am going to take him up on the offer.

              Karen