Re: [SPAM] RE: [SPAM] Re: [Hammock Camping] Latest porn spam

  • RevT
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
      Ed,

      I confirmed it as well.

      Tammy Warner 19yo from FL cyberratler@...

      The account was probably hacked.

      You should report them to Yahoo.
      http://add2.dir.scd.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/cgi_spam

      It may have my username in the form as I had to sign into yahoo.

      Brian

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
        Thanks RevT, I've checked a bit more & found that that email address
        belongs to someone inappropriate for our group, so I've removed that member
        & banned the address. It is a sex related email address & the owner joined
        our group 2 years ago-so it was not a new member that our recent
        moderator-approval process would have caught. Unfortunately, I failed to
        catch this sooner--My apologies to everyone. At least we're now free from
        that one..Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____

        On 2/1/07, Ed Speer <ed@speerhammocks. <mailto:ed%40speerhammocks.com> com>
        wrote:

        > Yeah Bill, send me the email so I can see for myself. I'd hate to
        > mistakenly ban someone for the wrong reason...Ed

      • Steve Joiner
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
          Thanks for what you do, Ed. Interesting that I never saw the original email
          - I guess the filters I have set up in Outlook caught it and deleted it...I
          thought it would be in my deleted folder if so, but it's not there either...

          _____

          Thanks RevT, I've checked a bit more & found that that email address
          belongs to someone inappropriate for our group, so I've removed that member
          & banned the address. It is a sex related email address & the owner joined
          our group 2 years ago-so it was not a new member that our recent
          moderator-approval process would have caught. Unfortunately, I failed to
          catch this sooner--My apologies to everyone. At least we're now free from
          that one..Ed

          Moderator, Hammock Camping List

          Editor, Hammock Camping News

          Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

          .

          <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=8969804/grpspId=1705065843/msgId
          =16791/stime=1170423018/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>