RE: [Hammock Camping] Misting thru fabric

  • michael thomas
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      that was me..heavy rain with the big ..as we call it ( frog strangler)..
      drops can impact the matterial so hard it will force a fine mist thru the
      fabric..the result is a dampness that begins to build up on all things
      beneith the tarp...i have tried canvas ( too heavy) silnylon (good but may
      need retreating ever year or so) and tryvek which for me has been the
      best..it dosent allow the misting i have found with other matterials...

      >From: "Bill C." <theocles45@...>
      >To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Hammock Camping] Misting thru fabric
      >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:09:27 -0000
      >
      >Hello Everyone,
      >I someone's reply a comment was made about misting thru the fabric
      >during a hard rain.
      >My question is, does the Silnylon fabric do this?
      >I had treated some nylon fabric with the silicone spray and it seemed
      >to work well, but noticed the misting effect when large rain drops hit
      >the fabric.
      >
      > Thanks Bill
      >
      >It's getting that time in about a month to start camping again ( for me).

      From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
      Academy Awards´┐Ż
      http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1