RE: [SPAM] RE: [SPAM] Re: [Hammock Camping] Latest porn spam

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
      Yeah Bill, send me the email so I can see for myself. I'd hate to
      mistakenly ban someone for the wrong reason...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
        Ed,

        I confirmed it as well.

        Tammy Warner 19yo from FL cyberratler@...

        The account was probably hacked.

        You should report them to Yahoo.
        http://add2.dir.scd.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/cgi_spam

        It may have my username in the form as I had to sign into yahoo.

        Brian

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
          Thanks RevT, I've checked a bit more & found that that email address
          belongs to someone inappropriate for our group, so I've removed that member
          & banned the address. It is a sex related email address & the owner joined
          our group 2 years ago-so it was not a new member that our recent
          moderator-approval process would have caught. Unfortunately, I failed to
          catch this sooner--My apologies to everyone. At least we're now free from
          that one..Ed

          On 2/1/07, Ed Speer <ed@speerhammocks. <mailto:ed%40speerhammocks.com> com>
          wrote:

          > Yeah Bill, send me the email so I can see for myself. I'd hate to
          > mistakenly ban someone for the wrong reason...Ed

        • Steve Joiner
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
            Thanks for what you do, Ed. Interesting that I never saw the original email
            - I guess the filters I have set up in Outlook caught it and deleted it...I
            thought it would be in my deleted folder if so, but it's not there either...

            _____

            Thanks RevT, I've checked a bit more & found that that email address
            belongs to someone inappropriate for our group, so I've removed that member
            & banned the address. It is a sex related email address & the owner joined
            our group 2 years ago-so it was not a new member that our recent
            moderator-approval process would have caught. Unfortunately, I failed to
            catch this sooner--My apologies to everyone. At least we're now free from
            that one..Ed

            Moderator, Hammock Camping List

            Editor, Hammock Camping News

            Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

            .

            <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=8969804/grpspId=1705065843/msgId
            =16791/stime=1170423018/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>