RE: [SPAM] Re: [Hammock Camping] Latest porn spam

  • Bill III
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
      again Ed, I still have the e-mail in my trash folder. And I rechecked the info. If you like I could forward it to you. There is a long list of other e-mails that this was sent to. Let me know.

      Regards Bill

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
        Yeah Bill, send me the email so I can see for myself. I'd hate to
        mistakenly ban someone for the wrong reason...Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
          Ed,

          I confirmed it as well.

          Tammy Warner 19yo from FL cyberratler@...

          The account was probably hacked.

          You should report them to Yahoo.
          http://add2.dir.scd.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/cgi_spam

          It may have my username in the form as I had to sign into yahoo.

          Brian

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
            Thanks RevT, I've checked a bit more & found that that email address
            belongs to someone inappropriate for our group, so I've removed that member
            & banned the address. It is a sex related email address & the owner joined
            our group 2 years ago-so it was not a new member that our recent
            moderator-approval process would have caught. Unfortunately, I failed to
            catch this sooner--My apologies to everyone. At least we're now free from
            that one..Ed

            On 2/1/07, Ed Speer <ed@speerhammocks. <mailto:ed%40speerhammocks.com> com>
            wrote:

            > Yeah Bill, send me the email so I can see for myself. I'd hate to
            > mistakenly ban someone for the wrong reason...Ed

          • Steve Joiner
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
              Thanks for what you do, Ed. Interesting that I never saw the original email
              - I guess the filters I have set up in Outlook caught it and deleted it...I
              thought it would be in my deleted folder if so, but it's not there either...

              _____

              Thanks RevT, I've checked a bit more & found that that email address
              belongs to someone inappropriate for our group, so I've removed that member
              & banned the address. It is a sex related email address & the owner joined
              our group 2 years ago-so it was not a new member that our recent
              moderator-approval process would have caught. Unfortunately, I failed to
              catch this sooner--My apologies to everyone. At least we're now free from
              that one..Ed

              Moderator, Hammock Camping List

              Editor, Hammock Camping News

              Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

              .

              <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=8969804/grpspId=1705065843/msgId
              =16791/stime=1170423018/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>