RE: [SPAM] Re: [Hammock Camping] Latest porn spam

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
      Bill, I checked the membership list & we do have a cyberratler@...,
      but that person is a male who joined 2 years ago-I was expecting a recent
      sign-up. Could this be the person who's caused us so much trouble? But,
      I'll wait until it's confirmed by others before banning it. So can someone
      else confirm that this is the email address on that porn post earlier today?
      Or does anyone recognize this email address? ..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
        again Ed, I still have the e-mail in my trash folder. And I rechecked the info. If you like I could forward it to you. There is a long list of other e-mails that this was sent to. Let me know.

        Regards Bill

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
          Yeah Bill, send me the email so I can see for myself. I'd hate to
          mistakenly ban someone for the wrong reason...Ed

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
            Ed,

            I confirmed it as well.

            Tammy Warner 19yo from FL cyberratler@...

            The account was probably hacked.

            You should report them to Yahoo.
            http://add2.dir.scd.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/cgi_spam

            It may have my username in the form as I had to sign into yahoo.

            Brian

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
              Thanks RevT, I've checked a bit more & found that that email address
              belongs to someone inappropriate for our group, so I've removed that member
              & banned the address. It is a sex related email address & the owner joined
              our group 2 years ago-so it was not a new member that our recent
              moderator-approval process would have caught. Unfortunately, I failed to
              catch this sooner--My apologies to everyone. At least we're now free from
              that one..Ed

              On 2/1/07, Ed Speer <ed@speerhammocks. <mailto:ed%40speerhammocks.com> com>
              wrote:

              > Yeah Bill, send me the email so I can see for myself. I'd hate to
              > mistakenly ban someone for the wrong reason...Ed

            • Steve Joiner
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
                Thanks for what you do, Ed. Interesting that I never saw the original email
                - I guess the filters I have set up in Outlook caught it and deleted it...I
                thought it would be in my deleted folder if so, but it's not there either...

                _____

                Thanks RevT, I've checked a bit more & found that that email address
                belongs to someone inappropriate for our group, so I've removed that member
                & banned the address. It is a sex related email address & the owner joined
                our group 2 years ago-so it was not a new member that our recent
                moderator-approval process would have caught. Unfortunately, I failed to
                catch this sooner--My apologies to everyone. At least we're now free from
                that one..Ed

                Moderator, Hammock Camping List

                Editor, Hammock Camping News

                Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                .

                <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=8969804/grpspId=1705065843/msgId
                =16791/stime=1170423018/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>