Re: [Hammock Camping] Latest porn spam

  • Bill III
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hello Ed,
      I looked in my trash folder and I believe this may be the e-mail address you wanted.
      < cyberratler@... > the name is < Tammy Warner 19yo from FL >.
      Hope this helps.

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
        Thanks Bill, I'll check it out.Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____

        I looked in my trash folder and I believe this may be the e-mail address you
        wanted.
        < cyberratler@ <mailto:cyberratler%40yahoo.com> yahoo.com > the name is <
        Tammy Warner 19yo from FL >.
        Hope this helps.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
          Bill, I checked the membership list & we do have a cyberratler@...,
          but that person is a male who joined 2 years ago-I was expecting a recent
          sign-up. Could this be the person who's caused us so much trouble? But,
          I'll wait until it's confirmed by others before banning it. So can someone
          else confirm that this is the email address on that porn post earlier today?
          Or does anyone recognize this email address? ..Ed

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
            again Ed, I still have the e-mail in my trash folder. And I rechecked the info. If you like I could forward it to you. There is a long list of other e-mails that this was sent to. Let me know.

            Regards Bill

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
              Yeah Bill, send me the email so I can see for myself. I'd hate to
              mistakenly ban someone for the wrong reason...Ed

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
                Ed,

                I confirmed it as well.

                Tammy Warner 19yo from FL cyberratler@...

                The account was probably hacked.

                You should report them to Yahoo.
                http://add2.dir.scd.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/cgi_spam

                It may have my username in the form as I had to sign into yahoo.

                Brian

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
                  Thanks RevT, I've checked a bit more & found that that email address
                  belongs to someone inappropriate for our group, so I've removed that member
                  & banned the address. It is a sex related email address & the owner joined
                  our group 2 years ago-so it was not a new member that our recent
                  moderator-approval process would have caught. Unfortunately, I failed to
                  catch this sooner--My apologies to everyone. At least we're now free from
                  that one..Ed

                  On 2/1/07, Ed Speer <ed@speerhammocks. <mailto:ed%40speerhammocks.com> com>
                  wrote:

                  > Yeah Bill, send me the email so I can see for myself. I'd hate to
                  > mistakenly ban someone for the wrong reason...Ed

                • Steve Joiner
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
                    Thanks for what you do, Ed. Interesting that I never saw the original email
                    - I guess the filters I have set up in Outlook caught it and deleted it...I
                    thought it would be in my deleted folder if so, but it's not there either...

                    _____

                    Thanks RevT, I've checked a bit more & found that that email address
                    belongs to someone inappropriate for our group, so I've removed that member
                    & banned the address. It is a sex related email address & the owner joined
                    our group 2 years ago-so it was not a new member that our recent
                    moderator-approval process would have caught. Unfortunately, I failed to
                    catch this sooner--My apologies to everyone. At least we're now free from
                    that one..Ed

                    Moderator, Hammock Camping List

                    Editor, Hammock Camping News

                    Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                    .

                    <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=8969804/grpspId=1705065843/msgId
                    =16791/stime=1170423018/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>