Misting thru fabric

  • Bill C.
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
      Hello Everyone,
      I someone's reply a comment was made about misting thru the fabric
      during a hard rain.
      My question is, does the Silnylon fabric do this?
      I had treated some nylon fabric with the silicone spray and it seemed
      to work well, but noticed the misting effect when large rain drops hit
      the fabric.

      Thanks Bill

      It's getting that time in about a month to start camping again ( for me).
    • michael thomas
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2007
        that was me..heavy rain with the big ..as we call it ( frog strangler)..
        drops can impact the matterial so hard it will force a fine mist thru the
        fabric..the result is a dampness that begins to build up on all things
        beneith the tarp...i have tried canvas ( too heavy) silnylon (good but may
        need retreating ever year or so) and tryvek which for me has been the
        best..it dosent allow the misting i have found with other matterials...

        >From: "Bill C." <theocles45@...>
        >To: hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Hammock Camping] Misting thru fabric
        >Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 18:09:27 -0000
        >
        >Hello Everyone,
        >I someone's reply a comment was made about misting thru the fabric
        >during a hard rain.
        >My question is, does the Silnylon fabric do this?
        >I had treated some nylon fabric with the silicone spray and it seemed
        >to work well, but noticed the misting effect when large rain drops hit
        >the fabric.
        >
        > Thanks Bill
        >
        >It's getting that time in about a month to start camping again ( for me).

        From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
        Academy Awards´┐Ż
        http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1