Latest porn spam

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
      Sorry about that last porn message--it got past me, but has now been
      deleted. We have 4 or 5 moderators on this List & we've recently
      begun approving all new members in an attempt to prevent spam messages
      like the one today. This new-member approval process has been working
      quite well, but apparently this spammer appeared to be a ligitmate
      hammock camper & was approved by mistake. Please accept my apologies

      In my anger, I deleted the porn post from the List before noting the
      email address of the sender. So if someone can send me the sender's
      email address, I will remove them from our List & ban that address
      from ever posting again. Thanks....Ed

      Moderator--Hammock Camping List
      Author, Hammock Camping book
      Editor, Hammock CAmping News
      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc
    • Bill III
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
        Hello Ed,
        I looked in my trash folder and I believe this may be the e-mail address you wanted.
        < cyberratler@... > the name is < Tammy Warner 19yo from FL >.
        Hope this helps.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
          Thanks Bill, I'll check it out.Ed

          _____

          I looked in my trash folder and I believe this may be the e-mail address you
          wanted.
          < cyberratler@ <mailto:cyberratler%40yahoo.com> yahoo.com > the name is <
          Tammy Warner 19yo from FL >.
          Hope this helps.

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
            Bill, I checked the membership list & we do have a cyberratler@...,
            but that person is a male who joined 2 years ago-I was expecting a recent
            sign-up. Could this be the person who's caused us so much trouble? But,
            I'll wait until it's confirmed by others before banning it. So can someone
            else confirm that this is the email address on that porn post earlier today?
            Or does anyone recognize this email address? ..Ed

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
              again Ed, I still have the e-mail in my trash folder. And I rechecked the info. If you like I could forward it to you. There is a long list of other e-mails that this was sent to. Let me know.

              Regards Bill

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
                Yeah Bill, send me the email so I can see for myself. I'd hate to
                mistakenly ban someone for the wrong reason...Ed

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 1, 2007
                  Ed,

                  I confirmed it as well.

                  Tammy Warner 19yo from FL cyberratler@...

                  The account was probably hacked.

                  You should report them to Yahoo.
                  http://add2.dir.scd.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/cgi_spam

                  It may have my username in the form as I had to sign into yahoo.

                  Brian

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
                    Thanks RevT, I've checked a bit more & found that that email address
                    belongs to someone inappropriate for our group, so I've removed that member
                    & banned the address. It is a sex related email address & the owner joined
                    our group 2 years ago-so it was not a new member that our recent
                    moderator-approval process would have caught. Unfortunately, I failed to
                    catch this sooner--My apologies to everyone. At least we're now free from
                    that one..Ed

                    On 2/1/07, Ed Speer <ed@speerhammocks. <mailto:ed%40speerhammocks.com> com>
                    wrote:

                    > Yeah Bill, send me the email so I can see for myself. I'd hate to
                    > mistakenly ban someone for the wrong reason...Ed

                  • Steve Joiner
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 2, 2007
                      Thanks for what you do, Ed. Interesting that I never saw the original email
                      - I guess the filters I have set up in Outlook caught it and deleted it...I
                      thought it would be in my deleted folder if so, but it's not there either...

                      _____

                      Thanks RevT, I've checked a bit more & found that that email address
                      belongs to someone inappropriate for our group, so I've removed that member
                      & banned the address. It is a sex related email address & the owner joined
                      our group 2 years ago-so it was not a new member that our recent
                      moderator-approval process would have caught. Unfortunately, I failed to
                      catch this sooner--My apologies to everyone. At least we're now free from
                      that one..Ed

                      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

                      Editor, Hammock Camping News

                      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                      .

                      <http://geo.yahoo.com/serv?s=97359714/grpId=8969804/grpspId=1705065843/msgId
                      =16791/stime=1170423018/nc1=1/nc2=2/nc3=3>