Re: [Hammock Camping] "Wet ropes can make excellent conductors."]

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 29, 2007
      is that michael that i last saw on mt mitchel, nc last winter, along w/ ed? ...tim

      carterm@... wrote: .To each their own, but what I have come to believe is that I don't want to be hanging in my hammock when a storm hits. I get out of the hammock, and go down the mountainside as far as I can. I try to pick an area where any nearby trees are much shorter than the average height of trees in the area, and then squat down as low as possible, wrapping my arms around my knees to improve the odds that any current going through my body doesn't go through my chest. If I'm expecting a storm, I try to set my hammock up in as protected a location as possible, and when the storm wakes me up, I'm out of the hammock.

      My $0.02.

      Michael

      .