RE: [Hammock Camping] hammock and back pain

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 23, 2007
      Great story Gerzson-thanks. I've run across this many times & I too sleep
      better in my hammock than in my bed. In fact, I also have a number of
      disabled customers who claim my hammock allows them to sleep much better
      than their bed; like you, some have even hung their hammock in the bedroom &
      gotten rid of the bed. Many of the stories I've heard are heart warming &
      so amazing I would dismiss them except I keep hearing more similar
      experiences. Of course I'm not a doctor, so I don't actually recommend
      hammocks for disabled people and obviously some disabilities can be
      seriously aggravated by a hammock-my sister's injured back prevents her from
      even leaning over enough to get into a hammock. But I can tell disabled
      people stories like yours and then let them try my hammock if they choose
      to.

      I even had one guy crying in unexpected joy his first time in my hammock-it
      was the first time he was able to lie down without pain since his car
      accident 13 years earlier! His bed was tolerable only two hours at a time
      before he had to get up for an hour or so. Imagine doing that every night
      for 13 years! He was so happy with my demo hammock at an outdoor show; I
      thought he was never getting up! Yep, he bought it immediately!

      Thanks again Gerzson for sharing your story

      Does anyone else have a similar story? I'd like to collect them for a
      future article for the Hammock Camping Newsletter..Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 23, 2007
        I WAS HIT BUY A TRUCK WHILE WALKING ACROSS A PARKING LOT. SHORT STORY
        IS I WAS FIRED, LOST INSURANCE, AND CANT SUE IN INDIANA. NOW HAVE 3
        DEAD DISCS, AND 3 DEFORMED VERTABRAE. DOCTOR SAID ANY STRESS ON MY
        SPINE AND I MIGHT NEVER WALK AGAIN. I AM UNABLE TO GET OPERATIONS TO
        FIX AS I HAVE NO INSURANCE.
        I ALSO CANT SLEEP FOR MORE THAN A FEW HOURS ON A BED. SO I HUNG MY
        HAMMOCK IN THE BEDROOM. WHEN LAYING ACROSS THE CENTER LINE IT SLIGHTLY
        ELEVATES MY HEAD AND FEET. THIS SLIGHT ARC SEEMS TO RELIEVE THE
        CONSTANT PRESSURE. IF MY WIFE WOULD LET ME ID SLEEP IN IT EVERY NIGHT
        AND PUT ONE IN THE LIVING ROOM