Re: dry and warm under the back

  • Nate
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2007
      Susan,

      On a recent hammocking trip before Christmas I tested a wind barrier
      for my hammock. I used my exta long poncho that I bought from
      Campmor.com. I rigged the poncho under the hammock. In the morning,
      after 15F temps, I noticed a little frost on the inside of the poncho.
      I have some pics of this set up under Nate's Hammock.

      I had a local seamstress modify my 20F synthetic sleeping bag to
      include a foot zipper. This allows me to pass the hammock ropes
      through my sleeping bag. I am completely surrounded by insulation
      much like Speer's pea pod. Combine this with my poncho wind layer and
      a fleece top and pants you will be quite warm.

      Site selection is also helpful in any season. I have found that wind
      sheltered areas are good for when its cold and less wind sheltered
      areas a good when its hot.

      Good luck and welcome to the group!

      Nate