Re: dayhike Sunday

    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 20, 2007
      Congrats Marta! Glad to hear you made it to Springer--quite an
      accomplishment. Also gald to hear you made it back from Colorado--
      did you get snowed in at all?

      Karen & I met Snapshot at Springer NYE. He & two other sobos made
      it late afternoon & partied most of the night! The weather was
      really bad--heavy rain & fog, but the temps were warm....Ed

      Moderator--hammock camping List
      Author--Hammock Camping book
      Editor--Hammock Camping newsletters
      Owner--Speer Hammocks Inc

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "marta_clark"
      <marta_clark@...> wrote:

      > Hello, folks! I'm mostly done with my thru-hike (is that a
      > contradiction?), and am back home, but jonesing to get back and do
      some
      > hiking.
      >
      > I'm planning a dayhike on the AT from Sam's Gap to Devils Fork Gap
      this
      > coming Sunday. I'll be driving up for the day from Charlotte. My
      > husband will be my shuttle driver, unless I can find someone else
      who
      > wants to spot cars with me.
      >
      > Anyone interested?
      >
      > Cheers!
      > Marta/Five-Leafed Clover

    • marta_clark
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 21, 2007
        Thanks, Ed. I have talked to Snapshot a couple of times since I
        finished--Friday was his 26th birthday--and he's chillin' at home,
        putting off going back to work.

        He is interested in hammocking. You'll probably be hearing from him
        when he gets back to work and starts making some money again.

        We didn't get snowed in in CO. Sadly, most of the snow was missing the
        mountains and falling on the plains to the east. That is so wrong. I
        did pick up a guidebook to the Colorado Trail while I was there...

        Cheers!
        Marta

        PS--The hike in the mountains is off for today because of the predicted
        freezing rain, etc. I'm going to Crowder Mtn. SP instead, planning an
        18-miler (around everything twice), weather permitting.

        PPS--I got my new special licence plate this week. My plate now
        reads "SOBO-AT." How cool is that?