Re: [Hammock Camping] Winter hammock camping

  • ian toal
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 20, 2007
      Tim,

      Thank you very much for the advise. I'm looking forward to giving winter hammocking a try and will check out the sights you suggested.

      Enjoy,

      Ian

      tim garner <slowhike@...> wrote: the art of winter hammocking is improving all the time as far as staying warm w/ very little weight & bulk. searching this groups for underquilts would be one source.
      better yet, if you go to the speer hammock web site, you will find lots of good information.
      you'll also find great, tried & true products too... like the pea pod.
      two other members of this group have excellent web pages w/ a ton of good info & pictures on cold weather hammocking.
      tothewoods is run by jeff & rick has a site found as imrisk
      i can't remember the exsact web adress for them now, but if you go to the speer hammocks site, you will find links to both. ...tim

      powersurj2002 <powersurj2002@...> wrote:
      Greetings to All,

      I planning a winter hike in the Northern Pemi Wilderness area of NH
      and was wondering if anyone has had the ?pleasure? of winter camping
      in a hammock. Any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

      Enjoy,

      Ian