RE: [Hammock Camping] Re: Hammock Campout--Springer Mtn, GA Dec 31, 2006

    Message 1 of 35 , Jan 9, 2007
      David, I missed all the late nite activity at the shelter since we retreated
      to the car about 9pm after Karen's spell of hypothermia-probably more
      related to her recent medications than to the temperature or rain. I had
      hiked with one of the SOBOs for a few days a few weeks earlier, but didn't
      see the kind of bad behavior he showed at Springer. I remember celebrating
      hard after finishing my thru hikes too, but being disrespectful to others is
      never acceptable. I also remember a past NYE when 3 SOBO hikers finished &
      joined us for the evening-we spent a very pleasant time with them trapped in
      the shelter during a night of heavy rains. In any event, I greatly enjoy
      being on Springer on NYE and plan to return again...Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List

      Editor, Hammock Camping News

      Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

      _____

      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 13, 2007
        Gutterman polyester

        Rick

        Jeff Palmer wrote:
        > I'm thinking about making a hammock from silk. Can anyone recommend
        > what kind of thread I should use?
        >
        > Jeff

        Walk Well!

        Rick (Risk)