Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Campout--Springer Mtn, GA Dec 31, 2006

  • seuss910
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
      Making camp, packing, unpacking, cooking. Those I'll agree with.
      Gathering water? I just had to wring out my socks and there was enough
      water for a family of 4 to cook dinner.

      I was glad to have a 10 x 12 tarp in that rain. Lots of room to pack,
      unpack, etc. I was sorry to have a light grey 10 x 12 tarp that blended
      in with the mist and rain so well that I lost it every time I wandered
      more than 20 feet away and had to keep circling around trying to pick
      it out of the fog. My apologies to the many I probably woke stumbling
      around.

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
        seuss910 <wrv77@...> wrote: Making camp, packing, unpacking, cooking. Those I'll agree with.
        Gathering water? I just had to wring out my socks and there was enough
        water for a family of 4 to cook dinner.
        .
        ### you're a resourceful guy seuss<g>.

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
          Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote: . My new
          rain gear did soak through from me standing in the rain for hours and
          that could have been a real bad news in cooler weather and or a
          longer backpacking trip. Like I told Ed, I'm on the market for new
          rain gear. My new rain gear was a replacement pair for the same
          model that I had used for years with thousands of trail miles and
          never had that problem with them, I guess something changed with them?

          Dave
          .
          ### what kind of rain gear were you using dave?

        • Tom Blum
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
            Since the twins won't die, I will share that none of us were "correct" Although we may have been close enough to get a face slapped.

            El correcto esta

            "Pechos agradable"

            Tom
            Who was weaned to soon, I'm sure.

          • Tom Blum
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
              please excuse the last post. I crossed lists.

              Yo soy uno idioto.
              Tom

            • Sandy Kramer
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
                heh heh... i read the bit about the twins not dying and thought "I
                guess you had to be there. Must be an inside joke."

                while I'm at it.. believe it or not, even for a man you would
                say, "Yo soy un idiota."

                for female it is "una idiota."

                sandy from the third world segment of the country!!

              • teblum@verizon.net
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
                  Thank you maam

                  Tom

                  PS wet and cold on springer mountain. I stayed sat. nite and then bailed berofe the crowd got there.

                • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 4, 2007
                    > We were wondering what happened to you guys..Ed

                    Sorry to have bailed on you guys. I wish we could have all shared a
                    campfire again. So close and yet...
                    Anyway, I'm working on the April Hang out and a section hike. By the
                    way, anyone go home from Hot Springs by way of Damascus Va. ?

                    Brian
                    T-BACK