Re: [Hammock Camping] Hammock Campout--Springer Mtn, GA Dec 31, 2006

  • Tom Blum
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
      Were you with Brian? We were wondering what happened to you guys..Ed

      Yes, I was with Brian.

      At 11 am I told him I wasn't hanging tonight, but I would sleep in the truck if he wanted to stay. He said: "I didn't want to be the first to blink" or some such. HOI had already decided to leave.

      Tom

    • seuss910
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
        Making camp, packing, unpacking, cooking. Those I'll agree with.
        Gathering water? I just had to wring out my socks and there was enough
        water for a family of 4 to cook dinner.

        I was glad to have a 10 x 12 tarp in that rain. Lots of room to pack,
        unpack, etc. I was sorry to have a light grey 10 x 12 tarp that blended
        in with the mist and rain so well that I lost it every time I wandered
        more than 20 feet away and had to keep circling around trying to pick
        it out of the fog. My apologies to the many I probably woke stumbling
        around.

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
          seuss910 <wrv77@...> wrote: Making camp, packing, unpacking, cooking. Those I'll agree with.
          Gathering water? I just had to wring out my socks and there was enough
          water for a family of 4 to cook dinner.
          .
          ### you're a resourceful guy seuss<g>.

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
            Dave Womble <dpwomble@...> wrote: . My new
            rain gear did soak through from me standing in the rain for hours and
            that could have been a real bad news in cooler weather and or a
            longer backpacking trip. Like I told Ed, I'm on the market for new
            rain gear. My new rain gear was a replacement pair for the same
            model that I had used for years with thousands of trail miles and
            never had that problem with them, I guess something changed with them?

            Dave
            .
            ### what kind of rain gear were you using dave?

          • Tom Blum
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
              Since the twins won't die, I will share that none of us were "correct" Although we may have been close enough to get a face slapped.

              El correcto esta

              "Pechos agradable"

              Tom
              Who was weaned to soon, I'm sure.

            • Tom Blum
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
                please excuse the last post. I crossed lists.

                Yo soy uno idioto.
                Tom

              • Sandy Kramer
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
                  heh heh... i read the bit about the twins not dying and thought "I
                  guess you had to be there. Must be an inside joke."

                  while I'm at it.. believe it or not, even for a man you would
                  say, "Yo soy un idiota."

                  for female it is "una idiota."

                  sandy from the third world segment of the country!!

                • teblum@verizon.net
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 3, 2007
                    Thank you maam

                    Tom

                    PS wet and cold on springer mountain. I stayed sat. nite and then bailed berofe the crowd got there.

                  • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 4, 2007
                      > We were wondering what happened to you guys..Ed

                      Sorry to have bailed on you guys. I wish we could have all shared a
                      campfire again. So close and yet...
                      Anyway, I'm working on the April Hang out and a section hike. By the
                      way, anyone go home from Hot Springs by way of Damascus Va. ?

                      Brian
                      T-BACK