Re: Hammocking inside

  • farpost
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 28, 2006
      I wouldn't trust solitary studs, old or new. And don't string straight
      out from the walls. My first attempt was just that, and when I first
      put weight on the hammock, I could sense the wall start to give.

      Instead, I have screwed bolts into studs in places where there are at
      least 2 studs together, such as next to door or window frames. The
      header studs at doors and windows add bracing as well.

      I used heavy duty eyebolts, at least 3 in long, which are positioned
      so that the hammock hangs at a 45 degree angle from the wall thus on a
      diagonal across the room.

      For our cloth hammocks, an S-hook attaches to the eyebolt and the
      hammock's rope loop hooks on the S. For the HH, I just tie the straps
      to the eyebolt. Three bedrooms are always outfitted with a hammock and
      at least one is used daily.

      Good luck.
      Scott

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "sebastiantoney" <funbun2@...>
      wrote:

      > I want to hang my hammock inside to replace my bed and save space. How
      > do you hang a hammock inside? I don't trust these old studs. Is there
      > a stand you can use inside? Can one be made for inside use?
      >
      > thanks

    • kbwaddy
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 28, 2006
        try the joists in the celing, they are much larger than the studs in
        the walls. you have to place the screws in just the right spot.