Spectra rope

  • kickassquilts
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2006
      Anyone have a link for buying Spectra rope comparable to what Hennessy
      uses in black, green, or brown? I've been searching for a while and
      can't find any. Thanks a lot.
    • Martin Mendelson, N8MG
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 24, 2006
        Patrick depending on diameter and application you might consider these
        sources I found online

        http://www.fishermansoutfitter.com/c-39-spectra.aspx

        http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/aircore_1_spectra_c
        ord.html

        http://www.berkeleypoint.com/products/cord/sg732.html#details

        http://info-central.org/recovery_cordinfo.shtml

        Not all of these come in the exact colors you state but they may be able to
        steer you better. One of my favorite search engines is a metasearch call
        ixquick.com. do a search on 'spectra cord' make sure you use the single
        quotes as that is a Boolean identifier to narrow the search.

        There is some interesting info in the above links.

        Marty

        TOG

        _____

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 24, 2006
          I asked Tom if he'd sell me some of what he uses for a friend's hammock, and
          he said he would. I'd call him and see what he says. We didn't end up buying
          any cuz they just used some tubular webbing.

          Happy Christmas,

          Carey