Re: Hammock Campout--Springer Mtn, GA Dec 31, 2006

    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 20, 2006
      Brandon, we'll be camping at the trail shelter near the top of
      Springer Mtn, about a mile from the traihead on Forest Service Rd 42.
      Some folks hike up from Amicolola Falls SP, some hike in on other
      trails, while most drive to the Rd 42 trailhead. Getting to that
      trailhead can be difficult--like Tim says, follow the links in my
      earlier email to get detailed driving directions. FS Rd 42 is an
      poorly-maintained gravel road that is not plowed in the winter, so a
      big winter storm can make travel on it impossible with any but the
      toughest 4WDs--in which case, many of us will not make it to
      Springer. This is a winter campout & we just take our chances with
      the weather....Ed

      Moderator, Hammock Camping List
      Author, Hammock Camping book
      Editor, Hammock Camping Newsletter
      Owner, Speer Hammocks
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 13, 2007
        Gutterman polyester

        Rick

        Jeff Palmer wrote:
        > I'm thinking about making a hammock from silk. Can anyone recommend
        > what kind of thread I should use?
        >
        > Jeff

        Walk Well!

        Rick (Risk)