Hammock Campout--Springer Mtn, GA Dec 31, 2006

    Message 1 of 35 , Dec 19, 2006
      I hope everyone is planning to attend the next SouthEast Hammock
      Hangers Winter Campout on Springer Mtn, GA! Come ring in the new year
      with us! This is the southern start of the Appalachian Trail & approx
      40-60 hikers typically show up for this unofficial celebration each
      year. Our hammocking group will be joined by past thru-hikers, south-
      bound thru-hikers just finishing their hike, & north-bound thru-hikers
      just starting their hike! This is a fun campout!

      Note that the weather can be brutal this time of the year--temps below
      zero are possible. However, our recent unseasonably warm weather might
      prevail with lows only in the 40s! And the trail shelter will be full.
      Campers be ware!

      The following link gives more info:
      http://www.speerhammocks.com/Assets/Springer06.htm

      Everyone is responsible for their own transportation, gear & food--so
      signing up is not necessary. But letting me know you're coming will
      help us plan better. Just respond to this post or email me off line
      at: info@...

      See ya'll at Springer NYE...Ed

      Moderator--Hammock Camping List
      Author--Hammock Camping book
      Editor--Hammock Camping Newsletter
      Owner--Speer Hammocks Inc
      Message 35 of 35 , Jan 13, 2007
        Gutterman polyester

        Rick

        Jeff Palmer wrote:
        > I'm thinking about making a hammock from silk. Can anyone recommend
        > what kind of thread I should use?
        >
        > Jeff

        Walk Well!

        Rick (Risk)