Re: [Hammock Camping] Under/over quilt patterns

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2006
      Patterns for down underquilt and top quilt at www.thru-hiker.com.

      Pattern for a simple rectangle synthetic top and underquilt on my
      site. http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGearKidsQuilts.html but
      you'll have to change the dimensions.

      Jeff
    • Martin Mendelson, N8MG
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 27, 2006
        I am about ¾ of the way done with an adaptation of the
        <http://kickassquilts.com/MakeMaterials.html> KAQ. Patrick has been very
        helpful on a few points that were not clear to me. At this point I have the
        liner complete, the insulation cut and sewn and have the shell complete. Now
        all I have to do is wed the three items together, seam them, add quilt loops
        to secure the insulation from moving around and add the cords. I thought
        that I would be able to finish the project this past weekend and try it out.
        Unfortunately, it was not to be so.

        I had friends who retired who told me that being retired was over-rated.
        They were busier now than when they held a regular job. It’ll be one year
        January 1 since I retired and how true those statements were especially when
        I am making sure that all the maintenance around the house is up to date
        before my thru next March.

        Oh by the way, one thing I would do totally different from the method
        Patrick mentions for sealing the nylon when you cut it is to use the method
        I think Risk uses on his webpage of heating a knife and cutting the nylon.
        That way it seals as you cut. To bad I cannot figure out a way to heat a
        rotary cutter without trashing it.

        Also since I mentioned <http://www.imrisk.com/> Risk you might check out
        his webpage he has some ideas and projects that may work for you also.

        Marty - ‘Touch of Grey’

        Kick ass quilts has a tutorial on underquilts. Patrick's pattern is for a
        Hennessy, but could be adapted for any and, I think, talk about such an
        adaptation.

        Tom

        Any of you know of a pattern online for making an under or over quilt?