Re: [Hammock Camping] Under/over quilt patterns

  • Tom Blum
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 27, 2006
      Kick ass quilts has a tutorial on underquilts. Patrick's pattern is for a Hennessy, but could be adapted for any and, I think, talk about such an adaptation.

      Tom
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 27, 2006
        Patterns for down underquilt and top quilt at www.thru-hiker.com.

        Pattern for a simple rectangle synthetic top and underquilt on my
        site. http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeGearKidsQuilts.html but
        you'll have to change the dimensions.

        Jeff
      • Martin Mendelson, N8MG
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 27, 2006
          I am about ¾ of the way done with an adaptation of the
          <http://kickassquilts.com/MakeMaterials.html> KAQ. Patrick has been very
          helpful on a few points that were not clear to me. At this point I have the
          liner complete, the insulation cut and sewn and have the shell complete. Now
          all I have to do is wed the three items together, seam them, add quilt loops
          to secure the insulation from moving around and add the cords. I thought
          that I would be able to finish the project this past weekend and try it out.
          Unfortunately, it was not to be so.

          I had friends who retired who told me that being retired was over-rated.
          They were busier now than when they held a regular job. It’ll be one year
          January 1 since I retired and how true those statements were especially when
          I am making sure that all the maintenance around the house is up to date
          before my thru next March.

          Oh by the way, one thing I would do totally different from the method
          Patrick mentions for sealing the nylon when you cut it is to use the method
          I think Risk uses on his webpage of heating a knife and cutting the nylon.
          That way it seals as you cut. To bad I cannot figure out a way to heat a
          rotary cutter without trashing it.

          Also since I mentioned <http://www.imrisk.com/> Risk you might check out
          his webpage he has some ideas and projects that may work for you also.

          Marty - ‘Touch of Grey’