Re: cold weather choices for my HH setup

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Lazarus" <steven@...>
      wrote:

      > hello all. i'll be taking my HH with undercover, underpad and
      overcover HH accessories to unicoi gap/fontana dam in january.

      Down compresses more than synthetics, but I don't think this would
      have much of an impact for keeping you warm underneath. Maybe a
      little, but not much.

      What temps are you planning for?

      Jeff
    • Steven Lazarus
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
        i figure the coldest should be around 10 degrees, mostly around 20 degrees for lows... just seems like you more experienced hammockers like using layers when it gets colder.

        ----- End Original Message -----
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 16 12:09 PM
          Test to see how long it takes for my message to post.
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 16 12:12 PM

            > Test to see how long it takes for my message to post.

            That was quick... I posted one this morning that never showed up.
            Anybody else had a problem with that?
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 16 2:01 PM
              sometimes it takes longer than it should. and at times i see posts pop in place behind posts i have already read. must be something guming up the lines<g>.

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 17 5:33 AM
                Tim,

                I see my post finally made it about a day late... I guess I need to
                get some of that Yahoo Internet Grease from you next time I see you to
                see if that will help my posts slide through quicker. How about
                bringing some for me to Hot Springs next month?

                Dave

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 17 8:18 AM
                  be glad to dave<G>. ...tim
                  PS... this message was posted @ 11:18 est, sat, 3/17