Test

  • Risk
    Message 1 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
      Sorry for the bandwidth... No messages for two days? Just checking
      to see if all is well with the group.

      Rick
    • gregg
      Message 2 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
        Posted by: "Risk" ra1@...
        <mailto:ra1@...?Subject=%20Re%3ATest> geoflyfisher
        <http://profiles.yahoo.com/geoflyfisher>

        Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:25 am (PST)

        Sorry for the bandwidth... No messages for two days? Just checking
        to see if all is well with the group.

        Rick

        I think everyone is busy with Thanksgiving leftovers Rick.
        Best
        Gregg

      • Carey Parks
        Message 3 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
          Hi Rick,

          I think all the outdoorsy types went camping for the long weekend. It's
          quiet on my kayaking groups too.

          Maybe we'll hear some good stories when they all return (hint).

          Happy Thanksgiving,

          Carey

          Message 4 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
            I, also think everyone is busy with leftovers and football, etc, etc...and
            yes, i think some people where hanging during/after thanksgiving

            Peanuts

            On 11/26/06, Carey Parks <cjp129@...> wrote:

            > Hi Rick,
            >
            > I think all the outdoorsy types went camping for the long weekend. It's
            > quiet on my kayaking groups too.
            >
            > Maybe we'll hear some good stories when they all return (hint).
            >
            > Happy Thanksgiving,
            >
            > Carey

          • Steven Lazarus
            Message 5 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
              hello all. i'll be taking my HH with undercover, underpad and overcover HH accessories to unicoi gap/fontana dam in january. i've got two options for staying warm... oh, first of all, i'm going to try wearing a "vapor barrier" shirt from Stephenson, and thought i'd try home made plastic leg "tubes" -- so i can wear whatever clothes i've got over the plastic stuff as it gets colder. so, anyway, the choices: a 5 pound 30 year old alpine design down mummy bag which works comfortably to say 15 degrees in a tent, or a 3 pound synthetic insulation mummy bag rated to 30 degrees with an old 1 1/2 pound sewn through square cut down sleeping bag as a quilt over. any advice? both options weigh the same... i am concerned about the down bag being mostly compressed by the hammock... by the way, i don't write to you all, but enjoy reading your posts!!! and happy thanksgiving.

              > I, also think everyone is busy with leftovers and football, etc, etc...and
              > yes, i think some people where hanging during/after thanksgiving
              >
              > Peanuts
              >
              > On 11/26/06, Carey Parks <cjp129@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Rick,
              > >
              > > I think all the outdoorsy types went camping for the long weekend. It's
              > > quiet on my kayaking groups too.
              > >
              > > Maybe we'll hear some good stories when they all return (hint).
              > >
              > > Happy Thanksgiving,
              > >
              > > Carey

              ----- End Original Message -----
            • Jeff
              Message 6 of 12 , Nov 26, 2006
                --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Lazarus" <steven@...>
                wrote:

                > hello all. i'll be taking my HH with undercover, underpad and
                overcover HH accessories to unicoi gap/fontana dam in january.

                Down compresses more than synthetics, but I don't think this would
                have much of an impact for keeping you warm underneath. Maybe a
                little, but not much.

                What temps are you planning for?

                Jeff
              • Steven Lazarus
                Message 7 of 12 , Nov 27, 2006
                  i figure the coldest should be around 10 degrees, mostly around 20 degrees for lows... just seems like you more experienced hammockers like using layers when it gets colder.

                  ----- End Original Message -----
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 16, 2007
                    Test to see how long it takes for my message to post.
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 16, 2007

                      > Test to see how long it takes for my message to post.

                      That was quick... I posted one this morning that never showed up.
                      Anybody else had a problem with that?
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 16, 2007
                        sometimes it takes longer than it should. and at times i see posts pop in place behind posts i have already read. must be something guming up the lines<g>.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 17, 2007
                          Tim,

                          I see my post finally made it about a day late... I guess I need to
                          get some of that Yahoo Internet Grease from you next time I see you to
                          see if that will help my posts slide through quicker. How about
                          bringing some for me to Hot Springs next month?

                          Dave

                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 17, 2007
                            be glad to dave<G>. ...tim
                            PS... this message was posted @ 11:18 est, sat, 3/17