Re:hi!

  • natesdenn71
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 23, 2006
      Brindon,
      My girlfriend used tarps made from parachute nylon when she was at
      university in Malaysia. She said they used parachute tarps and tents
      as cook shelters in the jungle. When I was in a shopping mall in
      Malaysia I wandered into a camping store. I found a really nice nylon
      hammock for about RM40 or about $10-$15 US. It even had a double
      bottom with a sleeve for a sleeping pad. I really wished I would have
      bought it. I would try to make a hammock from the parachute nylon
      since it is cheap where you are. I have seen army survival manuals
      that show using a parachute as a shelter. I would think that material
      would suit your purpose. Good luck!

      > Sir Nate, thanks for the reply. I hope other people in this forum
      would also give me bits and pieces of advice. Actually, I live near
      Malaysia, I am from the Philippines. The problem here is that there
      are no stores to buy good hammocks from, they only sell the hammocks
      made from nets. Parachute cloth here is only about $1.40/yard. Is
      parachute cloth good for making tarps or do i really need to look for
      silnylon? I only saw cloth that are used for making umbrellas, the
      cloth is the same as our car cover when it is in the garage.