[Hammock Camping] Re: Winter Hammocking and Spindrift

  • rkmont
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 22, 2006

      > And dang if that degree
      > symbol don't look funny. Must be an IO error....
      >
      > Set your numlock on then hold the alt key while hitting 2,4,8,
      sequntially
      > on the numeric pad. °
      >

      > Ralph

      Thanks Ralph. I used to know all the ASCII codes but haven't used them
      in a long time. At work when we talk about IO errors, we usually mean
      "idiot operator" error instead of "input output" error. :)

      Bob
      Message 2 of 14 , Nov 22, 2006
        thanks ralph. i had to try it, cauz i thought you`s pulling our leg° but it worked°
        cool°
        ...tim°
        Ralph Oborn <Ralph.oborn@...> wrote: And dang if that degree
        symbol don't look funny. Must be an IO error....

        Set your numlock on then hold the alt key while hitting 2,4,8, sequntially
        on the numeric pad. °

        Ralph

      • Tom Blum
        Message 3 of 14 , Nov 22, 2006
          Amen to the pad between the zhammock layers!!! I stumbled onto it in my quest for warm comfort.

          I believe I'm going to try an additional 48 inch long piece, sideways in the shoulder to hip area. Like Sgt. Rock's "X pad", but not fastened together unless experience proves this necessary

          (my hammock is BIG. 118 x 57.) I believe it will wrap without wrinkling for that distance.

          Tom
          Message 4 of 14 , Nov 22, 2006
            My son and I are scouts..I've been hammocking about 18 months now, Zach
            not quite as long. 31F at night last weekend and no complaints. He uses
            a ENO single nest and a 0F down bag, thermarest and Noah's Tarp. I now
            use a ZHammock that I made, Army Surplus CCF, custom SPE, homemade
            quilt, underquilt (it was actually a prototype using wally world quilt
            batting), and homemade tarp.

            We have one other boy in the troop
            that hammocks occasionally. However, on Ordeal weekends and other OA
            events, I do see a lot more hammocks out there, more boys than adults.

            tod