2a. Newbie's Frustraition!!.....lol

  • Rosaleen Sullivan
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2006
      Hey, Frank!

      Did you see the exchange I had with Tim?

      I'm looking for a short backpacking trip after Thanksgiving, maybe starting Friday. I can bring an extra Hennessy for you to borrow and we can fiddle with cold weather sleeping systems. You can see if the bottom entry is right for you. Too bad you didn't hook up with us for the campout over Veterans Day weekend in the Delaware Water Gap. I showed two Hennessy models to interested people, Paul had his silk Speer-type hammock up, and JD put up his Speer made hammock for a while. I was fighting bronchitis and slept in the back of my truck to escape the wind and to help keep the noise of my coughing from keeping others from sleeping. Paul was the only one who actually slept in his hammock. Sounds like he was brave, but if you saw his Down Air Mattress and home made down quilt, you would have seen he was well protected.

      Where are you in western MA? I'm about 20 miles east of Worcester. Wanna do some of southern NH, or northern NY into CT along the AT? Or, maybe some of the Robert Frost or M&M Trails a little north and east of Springfield?

      Cheers!

      Rosaleen

      2a. Newbie's Frustraition!!.....lol
      Posted by: "Frank" kb1hzm@...<mailto:kb1hzm@...> kb1hzm
      Date: Sun Nov 19, 2006 8:51 am ((PST))

      Hello all im new to the group and to hammock camping. I have slept in
      hammocks before (just the net type ones). But now im looking to buy a
      camping one for me. I live in Western MA, the AT is basically in my
      backyard. I am looking to do 4 season camping with the hammock. My
      frustraition is that i cant seem to decide on one to get. I am more of
      a side and belly sleeper than a back sleeper. Ive looked at the
      Speers, Hennessys, and Also the DD hammocks. right now im leaning
      toward the Hennessy Expedition Asym. but im not sure on the entry
      method if i like it or not. So any help or suggestions will be greatly
      apprieciated.

      Thanks all
      kb1hzm

      Frank

    • Fuzzy
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 21, 2006
        <rosaleen43@...> wrote:

        > Too bad you didn't hook up with us for the campout over Veterans
        Day weekend in the Delaware Water Gap.

        Agreed.

        > I showed two Hennessy models to interested people, Paul had his
        silk Speer-type hammock up, and JD put up his Speer made hammock for
        a while.

        Gear talk: 5am-6pm, 6:15pm-4am... gotta love it.

        > I was fighting bronchitis and slept in the back of my truck to
        escape the wind and to help keep the noise of my coughing from
        keeping others from sleeping.

        Would not have bothered me in the slightest.

        > Paul was the only one who actually slept in his hammock.

        Pardon me, madam, but that buzzsaw coming from the far side of the
        camp was me in the Crazy Creek - without my CPAP.

        > Sounds like he was brave, but if you saw his Down Air Mattress and
        home made down quilt, you would have seen he was well protected.

        40° Exped Wallcreeper and BA Insulated AirCore were enough for me.
        BTW, I would use the same setup in my Expedition Asym.