Cape Fear River photos up

  • John Pugh
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 20, 2006
      Photos now up for the most part. Still playing with a few from the
      first day but will have those up by Tuesday. Got a few photos of the
      Marine S.E.R.C boats for you guys. I've also got a recording of them
      taking over Lock#2 with all hell breaking loose. I'll put that up as
      soon as I convert my microcassettes to MP3's.

      Some shots of the ENO Doublenest and homemade down underquilt on there
      for my hammocking peeps. That setup worked great once I got the bugs
      worked out.

      The photos are at
      http://sourcetosea.net/CapeFear/Photos/Cape_Fear_Photos.html

      Transcribing journals and waiting for my water quality folks to give
      me the word on the test results. Should have that together in the next
      week.

      Still available to talk/email with any school classes that are
      interested. I'm also scheduling slideshows for the early spring for
      civic, scout, environmental, or whatever other group is into this sort
      of thing.

      Take care,

      -John
    • seuss910
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 20, 2006
        Hi John,

        I enjoyed your slideshow at Cape Fear River Watch last week and was
        impressed with your floor down underquilt. That was some some nice
        work. For any and all who may be interested - John puts on a good
        show.

        I only saw the first capsize photo on the sourcetosea site. I take it
        you cut the the editorial comment photo?

        -seuss

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "John Pugh" <source2sea@...>
        wrote:

        > Photos now up for the most part. Still playing with a few from the
        > first day but will have those up by Tuesday. Got a few photos of the
        > Marine S.E.R.C boats for you guys. I've also got a recording of them
        > taking over Lock#2 with all hell breaking loose. I'll put that up as
        > soon as I convert my microcassettes to MP3's.
        >
        > Some shots of the ENO Doublenest and homemade down underquilt on
        there
        > for my hammocking peeps. That setup worked great once I got the
        bugs
        > worked out.
        >
        > The photos are at
        > http://sourcetosea.net/CapeFear/Photos/Cape_Fear_Photos.html
        >
        > Transcribing journals and waiting for my water quality folks to give
        > me the word on the test results. Should have that together in the
        next
        > week.
        >
        > Still available to talk/email with any school classes that are
        > interested. I'm also scheduling slideshows for the early spring for
        > civic, scout, environmental, or whatever other group is into this
        sort
        > of thing.
        >
        > Take care,
        >
        > -John

      • John and Jessica
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 21, 2006
          Thanks for the compliment on the slideshow. That thing was literally 2
          minutes out of the computer from getting the last photos on and was done
          pretty much on the fly.

          No, gotta keep the photos on the site clean(er). I'll throw the better one
          on Flicker sometime later for those that want to see my editorial on my
          paddling technique at Fish Trap Falls.

          -John

          --
          Visit www.SourcetoSea.net for more information about our 2,150 mile
          expedition down the Mississippi River to benefit the Audubon Society.