Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: "Grippy" and "Slick" Pad?

  • CC Wayah
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 16, 2006
      Ed
      makes his SPE undeneath with a suplex mesh type fabric insert which keeps it
      from slipping and stretches to hold several different thickness so you can
      add or delte layers of CCG or thermasrests as desired/needed.

      Rogene
    • CC Wayah
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 16, 2006
        A kitchen shelf foam type liner is useful for slippage too.
        Rogene
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 17, 2006
          Steve, the SPE does work well even with a single pad of ¼” thickness. Of
          course it also works well in colder temps when you need thicker pads or want
          to stack pads. Your ‘V’ notches cut into the sides of a wide CCF pad in the
          hammock is very creative!

          BTY, thanks again for showing me your FlexAir pillow! I like it a lot, so
          I’ve decided to offer them for sale with our logo imprint—will have them in
          Dec. So, you see, I too learned a lot form our Linville Gorge hike last
          week! ….Ed

          Moderator, Hammock Camping List

          Editor, Hammock Camping News

          Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

          _____

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 17, 2006

            > Steve, the SPE does work well even with a single pad of ¼"
            thickness. Of
            > course it also works well in colder temps when you need thicker pads
            or want
            > to stack pads. Your `V' notches cut into the sides of a wide CCF
            pad in the
            > hammock is very creative!

            and it wasn't when I did it...:')

            http://tinyurl.com/ycdr8b

            Coy Boy
          • Ed Speer Speer Hammocks
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 18, 2006
              Sorry Coy, you see how much I pay attention to what you do! LOL

              Actually I couldn't remember who had done it already--until just now! ...Ed

              > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer" <ed@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> Steve, the SPE does work well even with a single pad of ¼"
              > thickness. Of
              >> course it also works well in colder temps when you need thicker pads
              > or want
              >> to stack pads. Your `V' notches cut into the sides of a wide CCF
              > pad in the
              >> hammock is very creative!
              >
              > and it wasn't when I did it...:')
              >
              > http://tinyurl.com/ycdr8b
              >
              > Coy Boy

              Speer Hammocks Inc
              34 Clear Creek Road
              Marion, NC 28752
              info@...
              www.SpeerHammocks.com
            • Coy
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 18, 2006
                I know the feeling...I seldom remember where I first heard a lot of
                ideas. May have heard the v cut idea myself somewhere but if i did
                i forgot it. I was in my hammock one night in Savage Gulf and it
                kept bunching up under my head so I laid there awhile when it hit
                me...cut some v's in the hammock and it might lay flatter...and it
                did. I probably got the idea in my head from making alcohol stoves
                where i had followed step by step instructions including the v
                notches. but of coures i like to think i am a great thinker...

                Coy Boy

                --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer Speer Hammocks"
                <ed@...> wrote:

                > Sorry Coy, you see how much I pay attention to what you do! LOL
                >
                > Actually I couldn't remember who had done it already--until just
                now! ...Ed

                > > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer" <ed@> wrote:
                > >>
                > >> Steve, the SPE does work well even with a single pad of ¼"
                > > thickness. Of
                > >> course it also works well in colder temps when you need thicker
                pads
                > > or want
                > >> to stack pads. Your `V' notches cut into the sides of a wide
                CCF
                > > pad in the
                > >> hammock is very creative!
                > >
                > > and it wasn't when I did it...:')
                > >
                > > http://tinyurl.com/ycdr8b
                > >
                > > Coy Boy
                > >

                > Speer Hammocks Inc
                > 34 Clear Creek Road
                > Marion, NC 28752
                > info@...
                > www.SpeerHammocks.com

              • Coy
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 18, 2006
                  in the pad you dummy. v's in the hammock might not work too good...

                  Coy Boy

                  > I know the feeling...I seldom remember where I first heard a lot
                  of
                  > ideas. May have heard the v cut idea myself somewhere but if i
                  did
                  > i forgot it. I was in my hammock one night in Savage Gulf and it
                  > kept bunching up under my head so I laid there awhile when it hit
                  > me...cut some v's in the hammock and it might lay flatter...and it
                  > did. I probably got the idea in my head from making alcohol
                  stoves
                  > where i had followed step by step instructions including the v
                  > notches. but of coures i like to think i am a great thinker...
                  >
                  > Coy Boy
                  >
                  > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Speer Speer Hammocks"
                  > <ed@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Sorry Coy, you see how much I pay attention to what you do! LOL
                  > >
                  > > Actually I couldn't remember who had done it already--until just
                  > now! ...Ed

                  > > > thickness. Of
                  > pads
                  > > > or want
                  > CCF
                  > > > pad in the
                  > > >
                  > > > and it wasn't when I did it...:')
                  > > >
                  > > > http://tinyurl.com/ycdr8b
                  > > >
                  > > > Coy Boy
                  > > >

                  > > Speer Hammocks Inc
                  > > 34 Clear Creek Road
                  > > Marion, NC 28752
                  > > info@
                  > > www.SpeerHammocks.com

                • Jeff
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 18, 2006

                    > in the pad you dummy. v's in the hammock might not work too good...

                    Awww, Coy - you're still a good thinker.

                    Jeff