Re: [Hammock Camping] Sewn Through Quilt ?

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 9, 2006
      For my quilted bottoms for the Warm Hammock, I add an additional 6
      inches of length and 6 inches of width for a sewn on size patch of 42x48
      inches. Before I learned to do that the outside cover would compress
      the down between the outside and inside layers of cloth. I add the
      extra material by folding a Z shape in the edge three different places.
      Some people call these darts.

      Rick

      Brian H wrote:
      > I can't find it in the archives or remember who posted the information a few months ago, but someone here mentioned that for a sewn through quilt design, an extra length of "X" must be used to compensate for the loft.
      >
      > I am looking to end up with a 48-50 inch wide by 78 inch long sewn through down quilt with 1.5-2 inches of loft.
      >
      > Also looking for a place to buy Omni-Tape in the Sacramento, CA area.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Brian H

      Walk Well!

      Rick (Risk)