Re: [Hammock Camping] fabric, and old topic but I need some advice

  • CC Wayah
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2006
      Rick,
      Just looked over the Travel Pod.
      You've just made my thoughts on making one my self a bit easier.
      So have you measured the square on your floor for futher project guide
      lines. They seam to be even squares so counting them and placing a piece of
      masking tape where your most common measurement would be needed might save
      time making other things too. This would work like a professional marked
      cutting table saving you some time in measuring.
      have you considered making the ends of your travel pod out of sinylon for
      wet weather maybe only about six inches or so.

      CC Wayah
    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2006
        I did and a few useful sites came up but I know this group has a lot
        of expertise in this fabric area so I wanted some real feedback. The
        websites were mostly companies selling fabrics and they don't give a
        lot of good details. :(

        jamie

        --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "CC Wayah" <ccwayah@...> wrote:

        > Chcoa,
        >
        > Try a goggle search of light weight windproof fabric and see what
        you get. I
        > goggled lightweight
        > waterproof fabric and that how I found out about Cubin Fiber.
        >
        > Rogene

      • chcoa
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 7, 2006
          Thank you Ed. I hope your prototype goes well, maybe I'll just buy
          one. :)

          I have not had any problems with the top of me staying insulated but
          the bottom is a definite issue below about 35 if there is wind.

          I have had good luck with the Neet Sheet but it's much more heavy
          than other fabrics on the market so I want to tyr some of those.

          jamie in az