Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: extreme hammocking

    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006
      i belive it would work... as long as everything is strong enough...the pole, the line, the attachment points, the limb.
      do you plan to let it spin or are you going to tie off one end? ...tim

      Eric Sandberg <docteric@...> wrote: Hey, nice to see another rec tree climber / hammock camper in the
      crowd. It's great when you can find a nice horizontal branch to hang
      from. The one advantage that the treeboat has is you can hang it from
      one tie-in point.

      I use a Speer type hammock and plan to experiment with tying the
      hammock to an overhead bar (similar to Risk's Hammock Stand), then
      bring the lines together at one point on the limb. It'll sort of look
      like a diamond with the hammock being the bottom point. Believe me,
      I'll do this "low and slow" the first several times.

      Has anyone tried anything like this?

      .

    • Nathan Denn
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 7, 2006
        Eric,

        You have an interesting if not brilliant idea going! Be sure to post some pics when you have it all figured out. When I took my rec tree climbing training with Tree Climbers International in Atlanta (www.treeclimbing.com) we hung a treeboat both on the ground and in the trees. It was a LOT of work in the trees! I found hanging my Hammock Bliss a lot easier. Your idea seems even easier! Good luck!

        Nate