[Hammock Camping] Re: Linville Gorge ,NC Nov 8-10

  • jack_tier
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006

      > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required
      > part of his business :)
      >
      > I bet he even writes off food, gas money and car mileage as business
      > expenses. And if he doesn't, he should start! :p
      >
      > Jeff

      R&D as well as testing...sure you bet.... BTW....Jack and I get a lot
      of conference time in the truck just getting there... the trail and a
      hang out is the best catalyst for new and refined ideas...such as how
      to reduce taxes...

      Oh yea... we'll be on the AT hiking Jennings Creek to Troutdale...9-11
      Nov testing qults, etc.... some really neat "etc" coming to a trail
      near you.. :-))))

      Pan
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
        Yeah, It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it-and I do about as well as
        the next guy..Ed

        Moderator, Hammock Camping List

        Editor, Hammock Camping News

        Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

        _____

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
          .ed... i won`t be able to get that extra day off. mabey i`ll get in on another one.
          you & dave enjoy... while the rest of us endure civilization <G> ...tim

          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
            We'll definitely miss ya Tim. Currently we have 4 confirmed for the hike.
            Now it looks like our recent clear 30s are going to give way to 40s & rain
            for the hike! Anyway, both Dave & I have some new cold weather hammock gear
            to test. We still plan on hitting the trailhead early afternoon on Wed..Ed

          • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 7, 2006
              We still plan on hitting the trailhead early afternoon
              > on Wed..Ed

              I thought I was going pull a rabbit out of my hat and get to tag along
              but the powers that be wouldn't cooperate. You guys have a good time
              and be safe.

              Brian
              T-BACK
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 8, 2006
                We're all packed & ready to head out. It would have been great if you could
                make it. Let's plan on another hike soon..Ed