Re: [Hammock Camping] Re: Linville Gorge ,NC Nov 8-10

  • karens62@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
      mine too. I go to work and they go galivanting - somethings just wrong in the world. Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required part of his business :)

      Karen

      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
        reserch... yeah that`s it! research!
        sounds like a good reason to go camping to me <G>. ...tim

        karens62@... wrote: mine too. I go to work and they go galivanting - somethings just wrong in the world. Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required part of his business :)

        Karen.
        ..

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
          --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@... wrote:

          > Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required
          part of his business :)

          I bet he even writes off food, gas money and car mileage as business
          expenses. And if he doesn't, he should start! :p

          Jeff
        • jack_tier
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006

            > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@ wrote:
            > >
            > > Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required
            > part of his business :)
            >
            > I bet he even writes off food, gas money and car mileage as business
            > expenses. And if he doesn't, he should start! :p
            >
            > Jeff

            R&D as well as testing...sure you bet.... BTW....Jack and I get a lot
            of conference time in the truck just getting there... the trail and a
            hang out is the best catalyst for new and refined ideas...such as how
            to reduce taxes...

            Oh yea... we'll be on the AT hiking Jennings Creek to Troutdale...9-11
            Nov testing qults, etc.... some really neat "etc" coming to a trail
            near you.. :-))))

            Pan
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
              Yeah, It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it-and I do about as well as
              the next guy..Ed

              Moderator, Hammock Camping List

              Editor, Hammock Camping News

              Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

              _____

              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
                .ed... i won`t be able to get that extra day off. mabey i`ll get in on another one.
                you & dave enjoy... while the rest of us endure civilization <G> ...tim

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
                  We'll definitely miss ya Tim. Currently we have 4 confirmed for the hike.
                  Now it looks like our recent clear 30s are going to give way to 40s & rain
                  for the hike! Anyway, both Dave & I have some new cold weather hammock gear
                  to test. We still plan on hitting the trailhead early afternoon on Wed..Ed

                • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 7, 2006
                    We still plan on hitting the trailhead early afternoon
                    > on Wed..Ed

                    I thought I was going pull a rabbit out of my hat and get to tag along
                    but the powers that be wouldn't cooperate. You guys have a good time
                    and be safe.

                    Brian
                    T-BACK
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 8, 2006
                      We're all packed & ready to head out. It would have been great if you could
                      make it. Let's plan on another hike soon..Ed