Re: Linville Gorge ,NC Nov 8-10

  • Coy
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 3, 2006
      you retired guys really get on my nerves...

      Coy Boy

      > Anyone interested in joining me & Youngblood for a 2 night, 3 day
      > campout in Linville Gorge Nov 8-10 (Wed-Fri)? It'll be a moderate
      hike
      > with same campsite both Wed & Thur nights. We'll be testing some
      of
      > our new cold weather hammock designs, looking for the perfect
      hammock
      > group site along the river, exploring the gorge, & kicking back in
      camp
      > a lot. Low temps should be in the 30s, highs 50-70. Linville
      Gorge

    • karens62@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
        mine too. I go to work and they go galivanting - somethings just wrong in the world. Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required part of his business :)

        Karen

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
          reserch... yeah that`s it! research!
          sounds like a good reason to go camping to me <G>. ...tim

          karens62@... wrote: mine too. I go to work and they go galivanting - somethings just wrong in the world. Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required part of his business :)

          Karen.
          ..

        • Jeff
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006
            --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@... wrote:

            > Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required
            part of his business :)

            I bet he even writes off food, gas money and car mileage as business
            expenses. And if he doesn't, he should start! :p

            Jeff
          • jack_tier
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 4, 2006

              > --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, karens62@ wrote:
              > >
              > > Of crouse, Ed will tell you this is just research and a required
              > part of his business :)
              >
              > I bet he even writes off food, gas money and car mileage as business
              > expenses. And if he doesn't, he should start! :p
              >
              > Jeff

              R&D as well as testing...sure you bet.... BTW....Jack and I get a lot
              of conference time in the truck just getting there... the trail and a
              hang out is the best catalyst for new and refined ideas...such as how
              to reduce taxes...

              Oh yea... we'll be on the AT hiking Jennings Creek to Troutdale...9-11
              Nov testing qults, etc.... some really neat "etc" coming to a trail
              near you.. :-))))

              Pan
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
                Yeah, It's a tough job, but someone's got to do it-and I do about as well as
                the next guy..Ed

                Moderator, Hammock Camping List

                Editor, Hammock Camping News

                Owner, Speer Hammocks Inc

                _____

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
                  .ed... i won`t be able to get that extra day off. mabey i`ll get in on another one.
                  you & dave enjoy... while the rest of us endure civilization <G> ...tim

                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 6, 2006
                    We'll definitely miss ya Tim. Currently we have 4 confirmed for the hike.
                    Now it looks like our recent clear 30s are going to give way to 40s & rain
                    for the hike! Anyway, both Dave & I have some new cold weather hammock gear
                    to test. We still plan on hitting the trailhead early afternoon on Wed..Ed

                  • opnheartscrub@tampabay.rr.com
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 7, 2006
                      We still plan on hitting the trailhead early afternoon
                      > on Wed..Ed

                      I thought I was going pull a rabbit out of my hat and get to tag along
                      but the powers that be wouldn't cooperate. You guys have a good time
                      and be safe.

                      Brian
                      T-BACK
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 8, 2006
                        We're all packed & ready to head out. It would have been great if you could
                        make it. Let's plan on another hike soon..Ed