Re: First night in the Mosquito Traveler (Byers)

  • teblum
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2006
      Sandy,
      I'm glad your trip went well. Where did you camp? South of Zolfo Springs?

      I noticed that the morning stiffness is much improved when hanging.

      Tom

      --- In hammockcamping@yahoogroups.com, "Sandy Kramer" <sandykayak@...>
      wrote:

      > I used my camping hammock (Byer's Mosquito Traveller) for the first
      > time last weekend. IT WAS THE BEST NIGHT'S SLEEP I HAVE HAD IN YEARS!
      >
      > I suffer from arthritis and am usually in agony when I get up, but not
      > in the hammock. Temp went to the low 50s (cold for us Floridians), so
      > I was glad to have 6 panels of the Z-rest - could feel the difference.
      >
      > Fortunately, I didn't need to get up in the middle of the night, but
      > was wearing my Feathered Friends Rock Wren sleeping bag, so it wouldn't
      > have been that bad.
      >
      > Only problem I had was when I tried to turn and the pad didn't move
      > with me.
      >
      > I need to learn how to do those knots!!
      >
      > sandy in miami

    • Sandy Kramer
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 6, 2006
        North of Zolfo.. we paddled from Fort Meade to Zolfo. Low water and
        lots of kayak dragging the first day - absolutely glorious on the
        second day.

        Thanks to Dan (Smith?) for leading me to some very reasonably priced
        and lightweight poles I can use for the tarp.